Monday, November 12, 2012

Elder Ryan Johnson

I love love love Conference weekend! This Octobers conference was a little more special than usual. Brookie decided to make a trip home from AZ to hang out with the family. Saturday morning session we were all watching except Ry was at work. We started watching and were shocked by the news that the age of missionaries has been changed starting immediately young men could go at 18 and young women could go at 19.
Ryan had tured 18 in July and was working to finish saving money for his mission before he was planning to go to BYU-I in Jan for 2 semesters before we would be 19 and could go on his mission. We all were shocked and excited about this new news and couldn't wait for Ryan to get home to tell him the change. We told him "DONT talk to anyone and don't check facebook just come home as soon as you can to watch a part of conference!"He was a little stunned by the news because that ment all his plans could be changed but by the end of the day he knew he was ready and needed to go now rather than going to BYU-Idaho! I am so proud and I admire my brothers example of being ready and willing when the Lord needs you to act! It wasn't more than a week later that he had his doctors visits scheduled and interviews set. His papers went in a few weeks after conference and Friday November 9th the call was hear! 

Scott set up a video feed for all his friends and our family to watch him open the call. Brookie was on facetime, Grandma Rogers was on the phone while watching the video feed, Ryans friend and former boss came to watch, and my parents Scott and I were there. We took a poll during the week from friends and family on where he would go and had responses all over the place but Argentina, Brazil, and UK took the leads on where he would go internationally. 





Elder Ryan Johnson was called to serve in the England Manchester Mission! He reports to the England MTC on March 12!  We are so excited for him and can not wait to hear about his experiences! 




Now for the next two years I have to come up with a plan to join my parents on going to get him! :) 

1 comment:

Ashley Packard said...

That's awesome! I can't believe he is old enough to serve a mission. Congrats and good luck!