Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Its starting to feel like Fall!

It has been raining off and on the last few days in Carlsbad and finally starting to feel like Fall! I am missing the yellow trees and cool weather we would have in Idaho but not enough to be willing to deal with the Snow that comes after Idahos short Fall! :)

I have been seeing a lot of yummy soup recipes on pinterest that I have been wanting to try but it just hasnt been cold enough but day it was time! I gave this Chicken Noodle Soup a try and it was DELICIOUS!




  • 4-1/2  cups
    chicken broth
  • 1  cup
    chopped onion (1 large)
  • 1  cup
    sliced carrot (2 medium)
  • 1  cup
    sliced celery (2 stalks)
  • 1  teaspoon
    dried basil, crushed
  • 1  teaspoon
    dried oregano, crushed
  • 1/4  teaspoon
    ground black pepper
  • bay leaf
  • 1-1/2  cups
    dried medium egg noodles
  • 2  cups
    chopped cooked chicken or turkey



In a 3-quart saucepan combine broth, onion, carrot, celery, basil, oregano, pepper, and bay leaf. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Stir in uncooked noodles. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 8 to 10 minutes or until noodles are tender but still firm and vegetables are just tender. Discard bay leaf. Stir in chicken; heat through. To serve, ladle soup into bowls. Makes 4 main-dish servings.

Now I need to find a Pumpkin Bread recipe that is just as yummy as this soup. I made a loaf this past weekend and it still has half of the loaf left.... if pumpkin bread last longer than a few days in a house you know its not that good! I miss our Great Harvest Pumpkin Choc. Chip Bread.... YUM!

No comments: