Tuesday, October 30, 2012

LA Day Date

On Monday Scott and I took the day off of work and left Luke with my parents and headed to LA for a day date get away. I was desperately in need of a day off of work and Scott was able to get two tickets to the filming of the Conan O'Brien Show. So we decided to make it a day trip to LA and enjoy a little time together without the kiddo. I will be honest I was about to back out because I didn't want to leave Luke all day.... I guess I still am a little attached but I am glad I got over it and went along with the plans!

We first stopped at the Fashion District in LA and walked around. I almost bought baby girl a blessing dress but we ran out of time and I am sure I will regret it when I start shopping for one around here because I know they can be very pricey for a dress they only wear once. I was able to find a great deal on Luke's little white suit we got him so hopefully I will do the same for her.


After that we checked into the show and grabbed a little lunch. They have a person talk to the audience before the show to give us all the rules, he was a comedian and had us laughing the whole time. No one too exciting was on the show unfortunately. They had the an actress on that I wasn't a big fan of, a player from the Clippers, and a band we didn't know. We might have a little dancer on our hands, little baby girl was bouncing and dancing away during the bands song! Even though the show wasn't too exciting we still enjoyed the experience.




After the show we swung by Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy Factory. Scott is a big fan of Rob, he is a Pro skateboarder and has two shows on TV one of which is filmed at the Fantasy Factory. Scott was hoping he would come rolling out in one of his crazy cars but he didn't.

Rather than sitting in the LA traffic we stopped at the Citadel Outlet Mall to grab dinner and do a little shopping. We found a few cute things for our little girl and Luke got spoiled with a few shirts from the DC and Volcom outlets which I wish we had a little closer since they are hard to find at a good price!
They were already getting ready for Christmas! CRAZY! 


We got home long after Luke's bedtime but Scott and I both had to sneak in to see him and give him a little kiss. Little get aways without the kids are definitely needed every once and a while!

No comments: