Monday, October 22, 2012

Thankful for Orajel

All week Luke has been sick... I already mentioned that he has two ear infections which we are treating but he has still been super fussy. The Cat in the Hat can't even keep him happy for longer than a few minutes. He has been crying and getting frustrated over nothing. I figured since he has been on the meds and Advil for a few days it shouldn't be his ears bugging him. We took him to church this morning and before we could even finish the sacrament he spit up twice and was crying "night night", which means milk and he want to go to his crib for a nap. After the second spit up and we finished taking the sacrament Scott took Luke home to go to bed.

I will admit it was the first Sunday in over a year that I actually got to sit and feel spiritually fed during sacrament meeting. One of the talks even talked about parents and how hard it is to feel uplifted at church when you are juggling kids.  I only have one and it is already really hard but I wouldn't be anywhere else on Sunday that is for sure! She shared a quote that I said something to the effect of "Rich blessings are in store when we have faith and endure".  A friend of mine also sang and after a tiring week of being a full time mom of a sick kid and still a full time employee at home and watching my family go through a few trials with employment and other things I felt the peace and uplifting I needed to start a new week!

After church I was hoping to come home to a happy kiddo but he was still fussy and only took an hour nap which ended when I walked in the door. After a few hours of him crying off and on and not being comforted by anything we did I thought maybe we should try a little Orajel. Just in case it was molars since the thought has crossed my mind but i can feel or see any coming in. We gave him a little Orajel and within 30 minutes we had our happy crazy Luke back running circles around the kitchen island and bouncing on the couch! It looks like we found the problem, now i just hope as many as possible pop out at the same time so he doesn't have to be in this much pain for much longer because this was the worst I have seen him. I am not sure what we would do without the Orajel, I am glad we live with modern meds!


No comments: